The Nature Trust of BC hires students for Conservation Field Crews each summer to tackle conservation activities on our properties across the province. Training includes First Aid and Bear Aware as well as the safe handling of power tools. The crews perform on-the-ground work, such as restoring habitat to benefit wildlife and plants, as well as attending workshops on topics such as bird counts and forest ecology.
Help us to inspire and train the next generation of conservation leaders by supporting this program.
Crews are located on Vancouver Island, the Lower Mainland, the Okanagan, and the East Kootenay. Activities include:
- Grassland restoration
- Invasive plant removal
- Informational sign installation
- Forest habitat restoration
- Vegetation and wildlife research
- Installation of bird nesting boxes
- Rubbish removal from conservation holdings