The Nature Trust of British Columbia is a leader in land conservation in the province. We are a non-profit, non-advocacy group that seeks a balance between sustaining our environment and sustaining our economy. We acquire ecologically significant land and then manage this land in order to protect the natural diversity of wildlife and plants, and their critical habitats. The Nature Trust carries out land management activities on conservation properties throughout the province, including the Kootenay region.
As the Kootenay Conservation Field Operations Technician based in Cranbrook, you will assist in a variety of operation and maintenance activities, while reporting to the Kootenay Conservation Land Coordinator. You will be required to supervise the Conservation Crew from May – September annually, and report on their progress in annual reports. You will also be involved with assessments, monitoring and ecosystem restoration work. There will be opportunities to engage with volunteers, land management professionals and the public on different properties in the East and West Kootenay. You will receive hands-on learning and some training courses. This position will provide experience in conservation land management with an organization that has a strong reputation for conserving diverse wildlife and plant habitats across the province.
Work Term, Location and Hours:
- Work Term: April 15th until October 30th, 2020 (negotiable).
- 36 hrs/week, generally 9 hour days (Monday-Thursday).
- The position will be based out of The Nature Trust of BC’s Cranbrook office, located at the BC Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development building: 205 Industrial Road G, Cranbrook, BC V1C 7G5
- Travel pay will be provided to compensate for expenses for all overnight work.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding this position via email. To apply, email a cover letter and resume which explain how you are qualified for this position to:
- Joe Strong, Kootenay Conservation Land Coordinator
Applications will be accepted until March 15th, 2020 at 4:30pm (MDT).
We thank you for your interest. Only those being considered for the position will be contacted.