The Nature Trust of British Columbia is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Communications and Events Assistant to support the Marketing and Development team.
The Communications and Events Assistant will assist with the marketing needs of The Nature Trust of BC, specifically various forms of electronic and print communication and events, with the goals of building awareness for The Nature Trust of BC, as a leading non-profit land trust in BC and differentiating our brand. This position will also help generate revenue and build relationships with prospective donors, donors and conservation partners.
This is a full-time maternity leave contract position based in Vancouver. The contract starts no later than September 1, 2021 for 14 months, with the possibility of extension.
The Nature Trust of BC is a leading non-profit land conservation organization dedicated to protecting critical habitat for wildlife, fish and plants in BC. Since 1971, we have secured 178,000 acres of ecologically significant land.
This position will report to the Communications Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Communications and Events Assistant will assist with managing events including galas and regional events, as well as speaker opportunities; and, prepare communication materials such as eNews, staff bulletins, social media postings and website updates, and presentations.
- Manage electronic media including website (WordPress platform), social media and eNews (Constant Contact)
- Design promotional materials including fundraising handouts, event invitations, and event programs
- Assist with the planning and delivery of fundraising events including securing venues, requesting silent and live auction items, and handling RSVP lists
- Design PowerPoint presentations for fundraising event audio visuals, proposals and speaker engagements
- Represent the organization at community events
- Assist with donor recognition strategies including thank you notes, phone calls and e-mails
- Provide back-up for reception and other tasks
- Other duties as required
You have a positive attitude, a constant desire to learn, are energetic and creative, calm under stress, confident and well organized with a focus on quality.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in non-profit marketing or equivalent experience.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite
- Strong design skills with advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage deadlines while working on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively (orally and written) with a wide range of stakeholders including staff, donors, Board of Directors and suppliers
- Ability to problem-solve and research information
- Must be prepared to travel occasionally and work flexible hours occasionally
- A valid BC Driver’s license is necessary
You must be legally allowed to work in Canada and be local or willing to relocate to Vancouver.
Please forward your résumé and cover letter by July 5th to Jes Hovanes, Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Communications and Events Assistant. In your letter, please address how you meet the qualifications identified above and your salary expectations.
Thank you for your interest. Only those short listed for the position will be contacted.