The Nature Trust of British Columbia is a leading non-profit land conservation organization dedicated to protecting critical habitat for wildlife, fish, and plants in BC. Since 1971, we have secured 180,000 acres of ecologically significant land.
The Nature Trust of British Columbia (NTBC) is looking for a passionate and creative Digital Engagement Coordinator to join the team. The Digital Engagement Coordinator will be a results-focused, creative communicator responsible for coordinating The Nature Trust of BC’s digital presence and implementing strategies and plans to raise public awareness, grow engagement and support fundraising goals. This individual will have the opportunity to develop content for blog posts, and social media and have the skills to identify stories and content that can attract new audiences, and engage existing ones. This position will also help drive revenue, cultivate and steward relationships with prospects, donors, funders, volunteers and conservation partners.
This is a full-time permanent position based in Vancouver, BC. The Digital Engagement Coordinator will report directly to the Communications Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and implement day to day social media content; act as an author for social media and blog posts
- Develop communication content including blog posts, video content, eNews and eAsks
- Write engaging and informative copy
- Develop and execute a multi-channel digital engagement strategy in collaboration with the Communications Manager and Director of Development, Marketing and Communications
- Identify new and creative growth and engagement strategies e.g. influencer campaigns
- Develop a network of social media contacts through social interaction
- Work with Communications Manager, and external agencies on social media ad campaigns
- Assess performance of digital tactics and strategies in collaboration with Communications Manager, and adjust to improve results as needed
- Keep up to date on digital marketing and fundraising trends, ensuring NTBC is current
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual social media/digital reports to help guide areas of opportunity and improvements
- Organize and develop new websites, microsites, and pages
- Update and maintain The Nature Trust website, event websites, and external websites
Communications and Fund Development Support
- Maintain and manage email database
- Develop presentations and PowerPoint decks for speaking events
- Assist with securing auction items for signature events
- Assist with digital donor recognition and stewardship strategies including email thank you campaigns
- Create event signage, letters, programs, invites, and other materials needed
- Represent the organization at both internal and external events
Skills, Abilities and Qualifications:
- Relevant Bachelor degree, training or certification in a related discipline (communications, digital marketing, journalism, public relations, fundraising, environmental science, resource management, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in digital communications and content development including video content; exceptional digital fluency
- Demonstrable knowledge of social media platforms, best practices, and analytics
- Demonstrable experience in social media content creation
- Strong writing, editing, storytelling skills
- Self-starter who can take the initiative on finding new leads and linkages that cover a range of conservation topics including climate change, nature, biodiversity, and the environment
- Good knowledge and understanding of social media marketing and familiarity with trends in the Canadian market
- Experience working with graphic design, sales, marketing, and communications
- Excellent organizational, communication, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress considered a strong asset
- Passion for the natural environment of BC
- Environmental/conservation knowledge is an asset
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
What we offer
NTBC is proud to offer generous vacation allowances, a robust health and dental plan, and an RRSP matching program. We are conveniently located close to Burrard, Granville, and Waterfront stations, and offer a hybrid work environment. The salary range for this role is $65,000-$70,000.
Please submit your résumé and cover letter by February 6, 2023 to Jes Hovanes, Communications Manager, at Digital Engagement Coordinator. In your letter, please address how you meet the qualifications identified above and your salary expectations. Thank you for your interest. Applications will be reviewed as received, and the position filled as soon as possible. Only those short listed for the position will be contacted.
The Nature Trust of BC is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of BC. We encourage applications from underrepresented communities including racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons identifying as LGBTQ+, and all those who contribute to a diverse society.