The Nature Trust of British Columbia is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Communications & Event Assistant to support the Development and Communications team. This position will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to help build our brand and raise funds to meet our land conservation mandate.
The Nature Trust of BC is a leading non-profit land conservation organization dedicated to protecting critical habitat for wildlife, fish, and plants in BC. Since 1971, we have secured 175,000 acres of ecologically significant land.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Manage electronic media including website (WordPress platform), social media and enews (Constant Contact).
- Design promotional materials including fundraising handouts, event invitations, and event programs.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of fundraising events including securing venues, requesting silent and live auction items, and handling RSVP lists.
- Design PowerPoint presentations for fundraising event audio visuals, proposals and speaker engagements.
- Represent the organization at community events.
- Assist with donor recognition strategies including thank you notes, phone calls and e-mails.
- Provide back-up for reception and other tasks.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, this is a full-time position based in North Vancouver.
You have a positive attitude, a constant desire to learn, are energetic and creative, calm under stress, confident and well organized with a focus on quality. Plus:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in non-profit marketing or equivalent experience.
- Competency in MS Office Suite and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage deadlines while working on several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively (orally and written) with a wide range of stakeholders including our staff, donors, Board of Directors and suppliers.
- Ability to problem-solve and research inform
- Must be prepared to travel occasionally and work flexible hours from time to time.
- A valid BC Driver’s license is necessary.
Please forward your résumé and cover letter by September 29, 2017 to Robin Rivers, Communications Manager, at email@example.com. In your letter please address how you meet the qualifications identified above and your salary expectations.
Thank you for your interest. Only those being short listed for the position will be contacted.